New this Week:
1) PEI in ALL its beauty! Come join Chris Marshall on a photo excursion showing the beauty of PEI from sunrises to birds and ducks to the mysteries of the elements of fog in photos as he takes us on a journey on the land we live on. His photos will be a representation of PEI 12 months of the year. As he shares with us, we will discover the important value he places on being in touch with nature, himself and how it keeps him in touch with his spirituality. This session is on November 22, 1:30-3:30 at The Living Well, 96 Patterson Drive, Hillsborough Park. A break with a snack is provided.To register email email@example.com We are SCENT FREE
2) Our Lady of the Assumption Annual CWL Christmas Bazaar will be held at Assumption Parish Centre, 145 Stratford Road, on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023, from 10:30am – 12:30pm featuring Home Baked Goods, Jams, Jellies, Fudge, Crafts, Holly, Gift Basket Draws, Silent Auctions, and Gently-used Books, Puzzles, Jewelry, and Scarves. Free admission. Please bring your own shopping bags. There is sure to be something for everyone. Local shopping at its best!!
3) Stockings4LIFE – Joy for new moms this Christmas: PEI LIFE is calling for nominations for new PEI PowerMoms! Any woman who had or adopted a baby in 2023 can be nominated to receive a Stocking4LIFE. We encourage and support those who have said YES to LIFE as heroic examples for LIFE. A new mom says yes in so many ways! Nominate your favorite new mom and tell us why she is the best. We will hand deliver a Christmas Stocking4LIFE to her. Nominations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 10 and let us know how to contact her. Or see our webpage: Programs – PEI LIFE for more information. You may also call Pat at 902-894-5473. If you would like to donate to this campaign, so we can reach more women, please see our webpage.
4) As we welcome more newcomers into our parishes and communities, it can be helpful to expand our understanding of culture and the potential that it brings to our faith communities. Lisa Dollar, Immigrant & Refugee Services of PEI will make a presentation at St. Dunstan’s Basilica, Friday, November 24th, 2 pm in the K of C Room (enter Adoration Chapel Door, Dorchester St). All are welcome. For info, Gaye Garvey, St. Dunstan’s CWL @902-218-3003.
5) World Youth Day at Home is coming! Join young people from across the Diocese on Sunday, November 26. We will have time for prayer, a talk by Ryan Mitchell (who spoke at Steubenville Atlantic 2023), a pilgrimage walk from UPEI to St. Dunstan’s Basilica, and Mass with Bishop Joseph! For more information, including a schedule of events, visit: https://youth.dioceseofcharlottetown.com/world-youth-day/ . RSVPs (on the website) are appreciated.
Repeated from Last Week:
1) The Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) is presenting the 31st annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture on Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. at Our Lady of the Assumption Hall, 151 Stratford Rd, Stratford. The theme of the event is Colombia: Understanding the Structures of a Conflict. Similar structures are the basis of social and political conflicts in Canada and the current wars in Europe and the Middle East. The presenter is Reverend John Molina, who immigrated to Canada as a refugee from Colombia in 1999. He is a member of LAMP and currently serves as pastor of St. Simon and St Jude Parish in Tignish. To register please email email@example.com (Note: without the ‘n’ on “America”) or call Marie Burge 902-894-4573. Please register before November 20, 2023. All are welcome.
2) Introduction to Carmelite Spirituality – December 14 – Immaculate Conception Parish, Richmond – starting at 7pm with Holy Mass followed by Veneration of a 1st Class relic of St. John of the Cross. After Mass there will 2 talks followed by a brief social with snacks and refreshments in the parish basement. All are welcome. For more information, please contact Monique Perry at 902-315-0528.
3) Join Fr Martin Carter for a reflection on The Spiritual Journey of Saint Augustine, Tuesday November 21, 7-8:15 pm at St Francis of Assisi Church, Cornwall.
4) Reserve Sunday December 10th for a Roast Turkey TAKE-OUT Dinner. Tickets must be purchased in advance, either in person or by phone, from Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre, 67 Reaid Road, Stanley Bridge, 902-388-1952. Meals are to be picked up between 4 and 5:30 pm on December 10th at Our Lady of Hope. The cost is $10 per meal, with all proceeds going to the local food bank. Thinking about an Advent act of charity? Purchase a few tickets to donate to people who cannot afford a meal! The last day to get tickets is Sunday December 3rd.
5) Have you been experiencing problems dealing with anxiety, loss, depression, separation, parenting or relationship issues? Counselling services are available through a project sponsored by The Living Well. If you would like to speak to a qualified social worker about these issues you can contact us through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902 330-2028. All inquiries will be confidential.
6) Watch two new Advent series on FORMED to help you prepare for Christ’s coming! Rooted: Rediscover the Jesse Tree This Advent – Hosted by Dr. Scott Hefelfinger, each seven-minute reflection helps Catholics apply Scripture to daily life using the Jesse Tree model traditionally practiced by families. Drawing Closer To God: A Catholic Art Show for Kids – Join art teacher Ms. Kim as she teaches children to draw different scenes from the Nativity story. As kids learn new art skills, they also begin to see the connections between the big picture of God’s story and their place within it. To Lean more about these new series and to sign up for free visithttps://daily.formed.org/advent.