- Wednesday Communiqué – October 11, 2017
- Refugee Sponsorship Information Workshop – Monday, Nov. 13th, 2017. Has your Parish ever thought of sponsoring a refugee family? Or were interested but uncertain about what was involved? On November 13, 6:00 pm at the Jack Blanchard Family Centre (Holy Redeemer parish) a general information workshop about refugee sponsorship will be held. The workshop is free and is being given by a representative of the Atlantic Refugee Sponsorship Training Program in Halifax. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about this important social justice ministry. Please contact Liz MacDonald (email@example.com or 1-902-368-8005) to register.
- Emerging Leaders Conference: an annual series of events hosted by the World Youth Alliance North America, which seek to bring together critical thinkers to examine key issues, with a focus on who the human person is and how to live fully. The conferences provide young leaders with special training on adequate tools to make a difference in their own communities. This year’s theme is “Leadership and the Modern Identity Crisis”, and will be hosted at UPEI on November 17-18. The conference is free and is open to anyone (student or community member) aged 16+. Register at www.wya.net/programs/elc/ For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org This conference is hosted by the World Youth Alliance, an international NPO that works directly with the UN. They promote policies that respect the inherent dignity of the human person, the fundamental right to life from conception to natural death, and the protection of the family as the primary unit of society. Though the organization is not religiously affiliated, their core beliefs are in line with Catholic Social Teaching. One of the goals of the conference is to bring awareness to cultural and social ideas that are not in line with those principles, and to teach people how to have a full vision of the human person.
- PEI LIFE Chain: Please join us Sunday, Oct 22, 2:00 pm at UPEI Chaplaincy Centre. We will be standing for LIFE along University Avenue for one hour and close with a small reception. This event brings together pro-life supporters from across the province to peacefully pray and/or publicly witness for an hour to increase awareness and support for all those affected by abortion and assisted-suicide, for our government leaders, and for a culture of life. Homemade compassionate signs are welcome. Your presence makes a difference! For further information, contact Executive Director, Pat Wiedemer at 902-393-6047, email@example.com or https://lifecollective.io/pei/events/pei-life-chain-2017
- The Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation (CWLF) is accepting applications for its initial Leadership Program for Canadian Catholic women. The Program will be facilitated by the Providence School of Transformative Leadership and Spirituality, Saint Paul University, Ottawa. For more information about CWLF, the Leadership Program and to complete an application form visit www.cwlfcanada.ca
Martha Spirituality Centre Presents
(902-367-3103 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Colour Prayer Workshop with Sr. Debbie Peters on Sat., October 21 from 10 am-3 pm. Cost $30. Must register.
Canada 150 Catholic Faith Heritage presentation on Canadian Martyrs with Fr. Trevor Scott sj on Mon., October 23 at 7 pm. All welcome. Donations accepted. Need to register.
Meditation and your Brain Series with Louise Carota begins Thurs., October 26 at 7 pm and continues on Nov. 9, 23 and 30. All welcome. Donations accepted each evening. Need to register.
- CURSILLO: Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre: Men’s weekend will be held Nov. 2 – 5; Women’s weekend will be held Nov. 9 – 12. For further information, contact Barb Wonnacott 902-393-4557 or email email@example.com
- Holland College Scholarships: The SDU Board of Governors is offering 5 two thousand dollar Awards of Merit to students entering the second year of a two year program at Holland College. Deadline to apply is November 1, 2017. Application forms and scholarship criteria are available at the Holland College admission office, by calling 393-3441 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The PEI Pops, under the direction of Leo Marchildon, presents an eclectic mix of magical and spooky fare coupled with an encore presentation of his symphonic tribute to PEI fiddle music, “Canada, Our Dear Home” celebrating Canada’s 150th Birthday. Program includes music from Phantom of the Opera, Harry Potter, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, Walt Disney’s Fantasia, and more! Sunday October 22 at 3 pm, St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Prince St. Admission by free will offering.
- SDU Faith and Knowledge Lecture Series: The fourth annual SDU Institute for Christianity and Culture Faith and Knowledge Lecture Series will be held on Thursday, October 26 at 7:00 P.M. in the new engineering building on the North end of the UPEI campus. Guest speaker, well known Theologian Dr. Catherine E. Clifford, will speak on the relationship between Catholics and Lutherans since the Protestant Reformation and in particular the efforts over the past 50 years towards a number of important advances in Lutheran-Catholic agreement.
- Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) is presenting the 26th Annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture Sunday, October 29 at 2:00pm at Our Lady of the Assumption Parish Hall, 145 Stratford Road, Stratford, PEI. Presenter: Dr. Sara Torres, Assistant Professor of Social Work, Dalhousie University, Halifax; Topic: Challenges Facing Immigrant Women: “The Cry of the Earth”. Entertainment and refreshments will follow the lecture. All are welcome!