The Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) invites the public to a presentation, “At the dawn of Peace: A message to PEI from Columbia” by Reverend John Molina, Sunday June 25, 2017, 2:00 pm. Our Lady of the Assumption Parish Hall, 151 Stratford Road. Stratford, PEI. This is part of LAMPs Annual General Meeting, celebrating 50 years as the Diocesan missionary program.
- Twenty-Eighth Annual Scripture Institute: July 3 – 6, St. Pius X church. Keepers of the Holy Doors of Mercy – Presented by Sr. Elizabeth Davis, RSM. Brochures/registration forms are in the churches or at www.dioceseofcharlottetown.com
- The Church needs good, holy priests in every generation: In the Diocese of Charlottetown Fr. George Gilliland is the Vocations Director. A priest for about 30 years, Fr. George has wide pastoral experience especially with care to the sick. He is open to speak to any parish group or individual about vocations to the priesthood and religious life. To contact Fr. George at the diocesan office during regular work hours phone: (902) 368-8005, or by mail: P.O. Box 907, Charlottetown, P.E.I. C1A 7L9. And remember always to pray for our priests and pray that all young people will be guided by the Holy Spirit to the way of life that will bring them the most joy.
- The only PEI performance of the Canadian Celtic Choir will be at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Cornwall on Sun. June 25 at 7pm. Hosted by the Knights of Columbus Council #10808, in partnership with PEICOD, the PEI Council of People with Disabilities, $15 tickets can be held at the door by contacting Basil Favaro at 902 569 8826 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Laurie Smythe at St. Francis of Assisi, 902 566 3876, or purchased directly through PEICOD 902 892 9149 or Wally’s Pharmasave in the Cornwall Plaza. It promises to be a great evening celebrating traditional and popular Celtic music.
- Consecration of Canada – July 1, 2017: The Bishops of Canada are inviting all Catholic Churches to celebrate the 150th Birthday of Canada by consecrating every Canadian Diocese to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Charlottetown Diocese will celebrate its rededication on July 1, 2017 in St. Dunstan’s Basilica. In addition, every Pastor is invited to consecrate each parish within the Diocese to the Immaculate Heart on the July 1st week-end.
- SDU VACATION BIBLE CAMP: Due to cancellations there are two available weeks for the Vacation Bible Camps which are sponsored by the SDU Board of Governors. Available weeks are August 14-18 and August 21-25. Any parish or parishes that are interested in hosting a week of Vacation Bible Camp should call 393-3441 or email email@example.com for additional information.
A 60th celebration of the Ordination of Fr. Charlie Cheverie: Sunday, June 18 Mass at St. Eugene’s Church, Covehead, 11 a.m. Reception, open house, North Shore Community Centre, 12:30-2:30 p.m.