Mission Statement of The Catholic Women’s League of Canada
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God (Constitution & Bylaws 2013).
Objects of the League
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic church
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
- to protect the sanctity of human life
- to enhance the role of women in church and society
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values to the modern world
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
Taken from Constitutions & Bylaws 2013).
Membership is established and maintained through payment of a $20.00 membership fee through a local parish council.
It is the hope of the League that every Catholic woman in the Diocese of Charlottetown will choose to become a League member and come to enjoy the many benefits of the League
For further information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your parish office for local information.
On Prince Edward Island The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is composed of 35 parish councils and a provincial council which subsequently is a member of the national council which is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO). (Constitution & Bylaws 2013)
Other provinces have diocesan councils, but there is no council at the diocesan level on PEI as geographically the Diocese of Charlottetown is comprised of the whole province.
Provincial Executive for P.E.I. (2016-2018)
- Provincial Spiritual Advisor – Fr. Brian MacDougall
- President: Irene Gallant
- Past President: Louise Doiron
- 1st Vice President and Spiritual Development – Marion Murphy
- 2nd Vice President and Communications & Correspondence – Cathy LeClair
- Treasurer – Janice Keough
- Recording Secretary – Cathy Favaro
- Community Life – Kaye Larkin
- Christian Family Life – Iris Rodger
- Health & Education – Leah Kinch
- Resolutions & Legislation – Gay Garvey
The patroness of the League is the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of “Our Lady of Good Counsel” (Constitution & Bylaws 2013).
The crest has a cross, symbolic of faith, ten maple leaves, symbolic of the provinces of Canada, with the words, “THE CATHOLIC WOMEN’S LEAGUE OF CANADA FOR GOD AND CANADA”enclosed in an unbroken circle, symbolic of constant service to God and Canada. The colors are blue, for Our Lady, and the papal colors, gold and white (Constitution & Bylaws 2013).
Where are our Parish Councils located?
|All Saints , Cardigan
Corpus Christi, Glenwood
Holy Redeemer, Charlottetown
John Paul II Pastoral Unit (North Rustico, South Rustico, Hope River)
Immaculate Conception, Palmer Road
Our Lady of the Assumption, Stratford
Sacred Heart, Alberton
St. Alexis, Rollo Bay
St. Ann’s, Emyvale
St. Anthony’s, Bloomfield
St. Brigid, Foxley River
St. Columba, East Point
St. Cuthbert’s, St. Teresa’s
St. Dunstan’s Basilica, Charlottetown
St. Felix, Tignish
St. Francis of Assisi, Cornwall
St. Georges, St. Georges
St. James, Summerfield
|St. Joachim’s, Vernon River
St. John the Baptist, Miscouche
St. Joseph’s, Kelly’s Cross
St. Malachy’s, Kinkora
St. Margaret’s, St Margaret’s
St. Martin’s, Cumberland
St. Mary’s Holy Family, Kensington/Indian River
St. Mary’s, Souris
St. Michael’s, Corran Ban
St. Michael’s, Iona
St. Patrick’s, Ft. Augustus
St. Paul’s, Summerside
St. Peter’s, St. Peter’s Bay
St. Peter’s, Seven Mile Bay
St. Pius X, Charlottetown
St. Simon & St. Jude, Tignish
St. Lawrence / St. Theresa, Morell
Some of the information on this page was taken from the Constitution & Bylaws, 2013.