Youth Survey in preparation for the Synod on Youth in October 2018, will be on-line at www.dioceseofcharlottetown.com on Monday (Oct. 30). Young people aged 16-30 are invited to complete this survey; your ideas are important.
Attention Cursillistas Palanca Mass at St. Paul’s, Summerside on Sunday, October 29 at 2:30 pm with share table to follow.
Past bequests continue to provide funding to assist our seminarians with their education as they prepare to become priests for our Diocese. If you would like to help future Seminarian education and formation please consider providing a Gift to your Parish or Diocese now or at estate planning time. Visit us at www.dioceseofcharlottetown.com and click on the “Planned Giving” quick link.
Fr. Floyd Gallant
- Bishop Grecco has granted Father Floyd Gallant a three-month medical leave of absence and he has appointed Father Martin Carter as acting rector of St. Dunstan’s Basilica. Please pray for Father Floyd’s peace and healing.
- The annual CWL “Praise The Lord In Song Concert” at Holy Redeemer will be held in the church on Sunday evening, October 29th at 2:00 PM. The concert will include the St. Peter’s Cathedral Chancel Choir, St. Augustine’s Choir and Folk Group, the Forte Mens Choir, the “Sequence” quartet, the outstanding soloist Sylvia Mutch and many other talented Island artists. Tickets are $10.00 per person and can be purchased at the door. Come, bring your family and friends and enjoy a great afternoon of spiritual and inspirational music.
- Annual Diocesan Retreat: January 19-21, 2018 at Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre. Theme: “How to Become a Saint” with Father Brian MacDougall. If you are serious about pursuing authentic Christian holiness in Christ then this is the retreat for you.
- Refugee Sponsorship Information Workshop – Monday, Nov. 13th, 2017. Has your Parish ever thought of sponsoring a refugee family? Or were interested but uncertain about what was involved? On November 13, 6:00 pm at the Jack Blanchard Family Centre (Holy Redeemer parish) a general information workshop about refugee sponsorship will be held. The workshop is free and is being given by a representative of the Atlantic Refugee Sponsorship Training Program in Halifax. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about this important social justice ministry. Please contact Liz MacDonald (email@example.com or 1-902-368-8005) to register.
- Emerging Leaders Conference: An annual series of events hosted by the World Youth Alliance North America, sponsored in PEI by the SDU Institute of Christianity and Culture, which seek to bring together critical thinkers to examine key issues, with a focus on who the human person is and how to live fully. The conferences provide young leaders with special training on adequate tools to make a difference in their own communities. This year’s theme is “Leadership and the Modern Identity Crisis”, and will be hosted at UPEI on November 17-18. The conference is free and is open to anyone (student or community member) aged 16+. Register at www.wya.net/programs/elc/ For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation (CWLF) is accepting applications for its initial Leadership Program for Canadian Catholic women. The Program will be facilitated by the Providence School of Transformative Leadership and Spirituality, Saint Paul University, Ottawa. For more information about CWLF, the Leadership Program and to complete an application form visit www.cwlfcanada.ca
Martha Spirituality Centre Presents
- (902-367-3103 or email@example.com)
Meditation and your Brain Series with Louise Carota begins Thurs., October 26 at 7 pm and continues on Nov. 9, 23 and 30. All welcome. Donations accepted each evening. Need to register.
- CURSILLO: Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre: Men’s weekend will be held Nov. 2 – 5; Women’s weekend will be held Nov. 9 – 12. For further information, contact Barb Wonnacott 902-393-4557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holland College Scholarships: The SDU Board of Governors is offering 5 two thousand dollar Awards of Merit to students entering the second year of a two year program at Holland College. Deadline to apply is November 1, 2017. Application forms and scholarship criteria are available at the Holland College admission office, by calling 393-3441 or emailing: email@example.com
- SDU Faith and Knowledge Lecture Series: The fourth annual SDU Institute for Christianity and Culture Faith and Knowledge Lecture Series will be held on Thursday, October 26 at 7:00 P.M. in the new engineering building on the North end of the UPEI campus. Guest speaker, well known Theologian Dr. Catherine E. Clifford, will speak on the relationship between Catholics and Lutherans since the Protestant Reformation and in particular the efforts over the past 50 years towards a number of important advances in Lutheran-Catholic agreement.
- Latin American Mission Program (LAMP) is presenting the 26th Annual Daniel O’Hanley Memorial Lecture Sunday, October 29 at 2:00 pm at Our Lady of the Assumption Parish Hall, 145 Stratford Road, Stratford, PEI. Presenter: Dr. Sara Torres, Assistant Professor of Social Work, Dalhousie University, Halifax; Topic: Challenges Facing Immigrant Women: “The Cry of the Earth”. Entertainment and refreshments will follow the lecture. All are welcome!