New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- Development and Peace-Caritas Canada is still running the special collection for the 600,000 Rohingya refugees forced to flee Myanmar (formerly Burma). Parishioners who wish to contribute to this much-needed fund can donate at your parish any time between now and December 17. For cheques made out to your parish, please memo as “Rohingya Refugee Fund” and add your parish envelope number. For more information: https://www.devp.org
- Martha Spirituality Centre (902-367-3103 or email@example.com)
- Hon. Graydon Nicholas from NB on Monday, Dec. 4 at 7pm will give a presentation on the life and witness of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, the first aboriginal North American saint, canonized in 2012 by Pope Benedict, All welcome but spaces are limited so please contact us to reserve a seat. Donations accepted.
- Annual Advent Service of Light on Tues., Dec. 12 at 7 pm. All welcome. Donations accepted for the Upper Room.
- Thank you from the Priests’ Benevolent Fund would like to express a sincere thank you to all those who make contributions to the Priest’s Benevolent Fund pledge campaign. If you require a tax receipt for 2017 contributions, cheques must be dated by Dec 31, 2017. Questions please contact Mary Roche at (902) 892-5510.
- The PEI Right to Life Association is having a CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE EVENT! In appreciation of the many volunteers and supporters of PEI Right to Life and our efforts to uphold and promote the inherent dignity of each and every human person from conception to natural death we invite all to attend. Please come and join us on Thursday, December 14, from 2-5pm at our office 209 A Queen Street, Charlottetown. For more information: 902-894-5473.
- 2017 Holy Redeemer Candlelight Carol Service will be presented on Sunday, December 17th at 7:30 PM in the church on Pond Street. The Carol Service will be as it was in the past with readings, choir selections, group singing, solos, and congregational singing with the choir. The service will include a small orchestra of 10-12 excellent musicians from the Music Department of UPEI and some musicians from the community. The choir and orchestra will be conducted by Travis Boudreau again this year. Come one, come all, and join in this wonderful way to prepare for Christmas.
Repeated from Last Week’s Communiqué:
- April 25 – May 6: Pilgrimage to Medjugorje and KRK Island, Croatia with Fr. Zlatko Sudac, the renowned stigmatist: Cost of $2980. includes taxes, airfare from the Maritimes, (twin or triple) accommodation, daily breakfast and dinner, and professional local guide. Info: Marie Desjardins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-868-5027