New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- PEI MARCH FOR LIFE 2017 – Sunday, May 28th @ 2:30 pm, 2.5km route: beginning at St. Pius X Church,106 St. Peter’s Rd., Charlottetown and going down St. Peter’s Rd/ Longworth Ave/ Euston St/ University Ave to the legislature. You can join anywhere along the way, or if unable, please attend the RALLY at 3:20 pm in front of Province House. Signs are provided, however feel free to make your own appropriate and compassionate signs supporting life. Together we can create a huge impact and awareness for pro-life, standing up against the governments’ and courts’ decisions on life issues over the past year. On behalf of the pre-born and vulnerable people, thank you for joining!
- Men’s Retreat coming to the Martha Spirituality Centre on Saturday, May 27, 10 am- 3 pm. Organized by Gilles Michaud and led by Sr. Debbie Peters, the retreat is about being Men of the Beatitudes. Cost is $20 and bring a brown bag lunch. To register call 902-367-3103 or message email@example.com
- Lay Pastoral Associate Formation Program (2017-2019): The deadline to nominate candidates for the upcoming Lay Pastoral Associate Formation Program is less than a month away (June 16, 2017). We invite parishes/pastoral units to prayerfully consider potential parishioners (Catholic men, women, and married couples) for this important program. This formation is mutually beneficial: for lay people to grow and live their faith and for a parish/pastoral unit to achieve pastoral priorities. For further information contact your pastor or the Diocesan Centre at 1-902-368-8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50th Anniversary of Ordination for Fr. Joe Brazel at St. Paul’s, Summerside. All are welcome to the celebration in the Main Hall following the 10:30 am Mass on Sunday, June 11.
Repeated from Last Week’s Communiqué:
- SDU Post Graduate Entrance Scholarship: This scholarship is a non-renewable $5,000 scholarship available to graduates of PEI high schools who have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited university and are entering the first year of a post graduate study as a full time student. SDU will offer four scholarships per year. Application deadline is May 31 of the current academic year. Application forms and criteria available at www.saintdunstansuniversity.ca For additional information call 393-3441.
- All parishioners across PEI are Invited to Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre – OPEN HOUSE – 67 Reid Road, Bayview near Stanley Bridge, Sunday June 11, 2017 from 2pm to 5pm, A Brief Inaugural Ceremony at 3pm. Everyone is welcome… come see the beauty of this new Diocesan Centre – Refreshments included.
- Fr. Keith Kennific’s 25th Anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood: All are welcome to join St. Martha Pastoral Unit in celebrating – Open House at the Tracadie Community Centre on Saturday, May 27 from 6-9pm.
- Returning to PEI – Inspirational Concert series, “Where No One Stands Alone” featuring Tim Archer & Friends. Opening night June 16th, 7pm at St Dunstan’s Basilica. Many musicians from across PEI will be there to perform the 28 songs from Tim Archer’s new gospel CD “Where No One Stands Alone”. Admission is by Free Will Offering. All ages welcome. For additional information or to reserve seating please call 902-786-1431
- Family Retreats are a great chance to spend some quality time with your own and to meet other Catholic families. The Thursday evening thru Sunday Retreats are held at Kolbe Retreat Center in Grand River PEI. The $250 registration fee covers all food and lodging for your whole family. The retreats schedule for this summer: June 29-July 2, July 13-16, July 20-23 (full), Aug 10-13 and Aug 24-27. Space is limited so please register early.
- Refugee Sponsorship Opportunity: We are looking for a parish community to step forward to sponsor a single, 28 year-old Somali refugee. His father and mother are deceased and he is currently on his own in Malaysia. His aunt and uncle have resided in Charlottetown for the past ten years and are willing to assist in his settlement and integration. Please notify the Diocesan Centre, if your parish is interested or wishes additional information. (Submitted by Gerald Gabriel, on behalf of the Diocesan Refugee Sponsorship Advisory Committee.)
- The Knights of Columbus of Prince Edward Island have a brand new web site: kofcpei.com All are encouraged to visit the site. Knights may send in announcements and photos to email@example.com to be posted and shared with the world.
- Twenty-Eighth Annual Scripture Institute: July 3 – 6, St. Pius X church. Keepers of the Holy Doors of Mercy – Presented by Sr. Elizabeth Davis, RSM. Brochures will soon be available in the churches.