New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- The Sisters of the Sacred Heart are pleased to announce that they will be opening a convent in Summerside this August. The Sisters are extremely grateful to Pan American Properties Inc. in partnership with Tim Banks and Carrie MacNabb for having been so generous in donating the land on Granville Street where the convent will be built. The Sisters are looking forward to spreading their apostolate of love and mercy in our community, teaching catechism in the parish, assisting in parish ministries, visiting the sick and elderly and eventually opening a high quality affordable faith based Child Care Center.
They hope and pray that other generous benefactors will come forward to aid them with this project. Donations for the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, which are tax deductible, can be forwarded to Fr. Chris Sherren, pastor of St. Paul’s parish who will pass them on to the sisters.
- Please join us for our Summerside LifeChain: Saturday, April 29, 11 am-12 pm. Signs provided. The LifeChain will be followed by lunch and our Annual General Meeting at the Linkletter Community Centre.
- Yom Ha Shoah, (Remember the Holocaust/Shoah): Everyone is invited to attend the 17th year for Yom ha Shoah, a time to remember the Holocaust and the millions of people who were put to death because of what they believed and how they lived, 5:30pm, Sunday, April 23, at Confederation Center, Studio 1. Guest Speaker, Ernest (Ernie) Schleichkorn from Summerside is the son of Holocaust survivors who settled in Montreal following WWII. This event is free and open to the public. Contact: Sandra at 902-566-1427.
- Diocesan Spring Video Conference: “Eucharist and Mission” Saturday, May 13, 10 am to 1pm. Facilitated by Marilyn Sweet, retired Director of Liturgy for the Archdiocese of Halifax. Room 201-W, Holland College, Charlottetown Centre (Kent St. close to Cumberland St.) No charge. Come together to explore the relationship between Eucharist and life. Coffee and tea provided. Bring your own lunch. To register: firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-368-8005 by May 10. Sponsored by the Diocesan Liturgical Commission.
- ARCAN 2017 Conference: “Greening our Hearts” with Delores Hall, D. Min. at Mount St. Vincent University, Halifax, June 2-3. Planned by Religious Congregation Associates but everyone is welcome. The conference will explore creation spirituality as an integral dimension of Christian spirituality. For further information, contact email@example.com.
- “Our Lady of Lourdes Council” of the K of C will host a pancake breakfast on Sunday May 7th at 11.00 am at Immaculate Conception Parish in Wellington/Richmond. All proceeds will be donated to St. John the Baptist Parish in aid of their Painting Project.
Repeated from Last Week’s Communiqué:
- MARCH FOR LIFE PILGRIMAGE TO OTTAWA AND CAP DE LA MADELEINE: Join us from May 10-13th as we travel to Ottawa for the National March for Life. We will also be visiting the shrine in Cap de la Madeleine in Quebec before we head home. Cost is only $100 for youth or $200 for adults! Please contact Brady Grant at 902-314-2052 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, seats are limited.
- Men’s Silent Retreat at Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre: Fri. Apr. 28-8PM to Sun. Apr. 30 at noon. Cost $200.00, Retreat Master Fr. Pierre Caouette, LC, from Oakville, Ont. Contact Ray Arsenault 902-854-2808 or Tracy Jones 902-854-2969.
- Catholic Girls Retreat Camp: Walking Like Giants (Camp Chiara Luce). July 27 – 31. Girls aged 10 – 15. Camp Kolbe, Bayside P.E.I. Contact Emilie Montgomery for details and registration at email@example.com
- Atlantic Marian Gathering 2017: “My Immaculate Heart will be your Refuge”, June 2-4 at Mount St. Vincent University in Halifax. For more information: http://clcns.com/amg2017/