Wednesday Communiqué – May 10, 2017
- SDU Post Graduate Entrance Scholarship: This scholarship is a non-renewable $5,000 scholarship available to graduates of PEI high schools who have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited university and are entering the first year of a post graduate study as a full time student. SDU will offer four scholarships per year. Application deadline is May 31 of the current academic year. Application forms and criteria available at www.saintdunstansuniversity.ca For additional information call 393-3441.
- Candidates for Lay Pastoral Associate Formation Program:This is a reminder that the deadline for nominations for the Lay Pastoral Associate Formation Program is Friday June 16. The program, open to men, women, and married couples, facilitates faith development and involvement in various pastoral ministries. From past experience, candidates enjoy a strong sense of community during their formation program. Ultimately, candidates in consultation with their Pastor and Pastoral Council, determine areas of ministry involvement and the time they are able to commit. For further information, interested individuals should speak to their pastor or contact the Diocesan Centre at 902-368-8005 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The next peaceful pro-life demonstration is on Saturday, May 20th at 11:00 am along the Roy Boates Ave. in Summerside.
- To all parishioners across PEI: You are Invited to Our Lady of Hope Retreat Centre – OPEN HOUSE – 67 Reid Rd Bayview near Stanley Bridge, Sunday June 11, 2017 from 2 pm to 5pm, A Brief Inaugural Ceremony at 3 pm. Everyone is welcome… come see the beauty of this new Diocesan Centre – Refreshments included
- Fr. Keith Kennific’s 25th Anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood: All are welcome to join St. Martha Pastoral Unit in celebrating – Open House at Tracadie Community Centre on Saturday, May 27 from 6-9pm.
- Returning to PEI – Inspirational Concert series, “Where No One Stands Alone” featuring Tim Archer & Friends. Opening night June 16th 7 pm St Dunstan’s Basilica. Many musicians from across PEI will be there to perform the 28 songs from Tim Archer’s new gospel CD “Where No One Stands Alone”. Admission is by Free Will Offering. All ages welcome. For additional information or to reserve seating please call 902-786-1431
- Martha Spirituality Centre offers an Easter-themed Retreat Day on Sat., May 20 from 10am-3 pm with Bishop Richard Grecco. His theme is Faith, Belief and Emotion an Easter Gift: the Signs and Symbols that convey meaning to Christians, that enrich our lives and our humanity. Cost is $30. per person or $50 a couple.
Repeated from Last Week’s Communiqué:
- Family Retreats are a great chance to spend some quality time with your own and to meet other Catholic families. The Thursday evening thru Sunday Retreats are held at Kolbe Retreat Center in Grand River PEI. The $250 registration fee covers all food and lodging for your whole family. The retreats schedule for this summer: June 29-July 2, July 13-16, July 20-23 (full), Aug 10-13 and Aug 24-27. Space is limited so please register early. More information: www.hfmpei.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org call: 902-854-2719 text: 902-432-9595.
- Refugee Sponsorship Opportunity: We are looking for a parish community to step forward to sponsor a single, 28 year-old Somali refugee. His father and mother are deceased and he is currently on his own in Malaysia. His aunt and uncle have resided in Charlottetown for the past ten years and are willing to assist in his settlement and integration. Please notify the Diocesan Centre, if your parish is interested or wishes additional information. (Submitted by Gerald Gabriel, on behalf of the Diocesan Refugee Sponsorship Advisory Committee.)
- The Knights of Columbus of Prince Edward Island have a brand new web site: kofcpei.com All are encouraged to visit the site. Knights may send in announcements and photos to email@example.com to be posted and shared with the world.
- Twenty-Eighth Annual Scripture Institute: July 3 – 6, St. Pius X church. Keepers of the Holy Doors of Mercy – Presented by Sr. Elizabeth Davis, RSM. Brochures will soon be available in the churches.