New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- The Priests Benevolent Fund now has a new website to improve communication between the Fund, our supporters, and the public at: www.priestsbenevolentfund.caSince the Priests Benevolent Fund is a separate organization from the Diocese and its parishes, contacting us directly is the best and fastest way to get the answers to your questions about receipts, donations, and anything else related to the fund. You will find our contact information on the new site. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our generous donors for your contributions to the care of the retired priests of the Diocese of Charlottetown.
- For July and August the Catholic Centre will be closed on Fridays; office hours Monday to Thursday are 8:30 am – 12 noon and 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
- The next peaceful Pro-Life demonstration is on Saturday, July 8th at 11:00 am, along Roy Boates Ave. in Summerside.
Repeated from Last Week’s Communiqué:
- Stewardship through Planned Giving: Keeping our past alive, maintaining our present and most important ensuring our future is the challenge of Stewardship in the Church today. Please consider your Parish or Diocese for a Gift now or at estate planning time. For more information visit www.dioceseofcharlottetown.com and click on the “Planned Giving” quick link.
- The Church needs good, holy priests in every generation: In the Diocese of Charlottetown Fr. George Gilliland is the Vocations Director. A priest for about 30 years, Fr. George has wide pastoral experience especially with care to the sick. He is open to speak to any parish group or individual about vocations to the priesthood and religious life. To contact Fr. George at the diocesan office during regular work hours phone: (902) 368-8005, or by mail: P.O. Box 907, Charlottetown, P.E.I. C1A 7L9. And remember always to pray for our priests and pray that all young people will be guided by the Holy Spirit to the way of life that will bring them the most joy.
- SDU VACATION BIBLE CAMP: Due to cancellations there are two available weeks for the Vacation Bible Camps which are sponsored by the SDU Board of Governors. Available weeks are August 14-18 and August 21-25. Any parish or parishes that are interested in hosting a week of Vacation Bible Camp should call 393-3441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Twenty-Eighth Annual Scripture Institute: July 3 – 6, St. Pius X church. Keepers of the Holy Doors of Mercy – Presented by Sr. Elizabeth Davis, RSM. Brochures/registration forms are in the churches or at www.dioceseofcharlottetown.com