For your Information:
- Christmas Holidays: This Catholic Centre will close at 4:30 pm on Thursday, December 21, and re-open 8:30 am on Tuesday, January 2.
- Our Christmas wish to each of you from this Diocesan Office…
May the birth of the Christ Child stir in your heart deep feelings of joy, peace and love this Christmas!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!
New Bulletin Announcements this Week:
- Refugee Sponsorship Consideration: We are living in an era where there are an inordinate number of displaced persons and refugees throughout the world. Clearly the need is great for asylum and refuge. As we enter the New Year, we invite your parish community to give consideration to sponsoring a family. By doing so you can make a difference and change their lives. – Diocesan Refugee Sponsorship Advisory Committee
- “Owen Connolly: The Making of a Legacy, 1820-2016” is a book about Owen Connolly and his estate. Coming to PEI in 1839 as a poor Irish immigrant, Owen rose from a dirt poor farmer to one of the wealthiest men on the Island. When he died in 1887, he left the profits from his estate to provide bursaries to poor, Irish Catholic students. Managed by trustees, his estate has paid out over $3 million to assist students and continues providing bursaries today. Books are available at local book stores and from the author, Leonard Cusack at 902-675-2452.
- St. Dunstan’s Basilica will be presenting their Annual Christmas concert on Friday December 22 at 7 PM. Program includes “Mary Through the Ages”…an exploration of how various composers set the texts of the “Magnificat” and “Ave Maria” to music. Featuring over 50 singers and 30 piece orchestra under the direction of Leo Marchildon. Admission is by free will offering.
- Marriages CAN go the distance, and the annual recognition of Canada’s Longest Married Couple proves it. Nominate your loved ones by submitting the names of husband & wife, wedding date, current home address and the contact info of the person submitting the nomination to: Ernesto and Analillian Ayala, 113-7471 Blundel Rd, Richmond, BC, V6Y-1J6, or email@example.com, or 604-337-5845 Deadline Feb 28, 2018. All nominations will be recognized.
- Development and Peace-Caritas Canada is still running the special collection for the 600,000 Rohingya refugees forced to flee Myanmar (formerly Burma). Parishioners who wish to contribute to this much-needed fund can donate at your parish. For cheques made out to your parish, please memo as “Rohingya Refugee Fund” and add your parish envelope number. For more information: https://www.devp.org
- Thank you from the Priests’ Benevolent Fund would like to express a sincere thank you to all those who make contributions to the Priest’s Benevolent Fund pledge campaign. If you require a tax receipt for 2017 contributions, cheques must be dated by Dec 31, 2017. Questions please contact Mary Roche at (902) 892-5510.